Friday, April 3, 2009

From March Madness to April Fever


Now that the insanity of the birthday month has passed, it's time to get down to the thank you notes which will include the many thanks for remembering me, Declan and Ava on our special days. For those of you who don't realize or know, there are far more than 3 people who celebrate during March. My aunt Nancy starts things off on March 5th and is followed by Declan on the 7th, Karyn's and my joint birthday on the11th, Val's on the 17th (also St. Patrick's day), Ethan calls his day the 21st, my nephew Ryson demands a cake on the 25th and Ava rounds out the month on the 27th. I have not even begun to mention all of the friends and extended family who claim their own days and double up on a few dates already mentioned. The whole thing is festive and makes the last lingering month of winter go by a little faster but it is exhausting. I hate to say it, but I'm glad its over!

I'm attempting to turn my attention to springtime activities and events but the weather doesn't seem to be cooperating. Coonamessett Farm opens today but if you are in Falmouth right now, you know its cold and rainy. In April on Cape Cod, this means you don't want to spend the day outside and neither do any of the resident farm animals. I checked out Spohr Garden (known for it's amazing display of daffodils as far as the eye can see) yesterday but only saw about a dozen daffodils in bloom. I don't know what I was expecting. I know that it's to early for the kind of weather that encourages flower gardens and bare feet. Maybe I've been cooped up in this house to long over the winter. Cabin fever has finally struck me down. I've fallen and I need spring time to help me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment